Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Creativity Bootcamp: The Ultimate Writing Workout!
This workshop is designed to be fast paced and great fun. It showcases a collection of road-tested writing activities to both inspire and excite your inner creative! Be amazed as totally random words, ordinary objects, selections of music, images and more become the springboard for characters, stories, flash fiction, poetry and one scene scripts. We'll also explore everyday practices you can build into your life to unlock your creativity and fine-tune your writing skills. Creative thinking is an essential life skill. Some plotting and planning hacks ( think formulas) are all you'll need to transform your short snippets of writing into extended short stories. There will be plenty of time for workshopping and sharing during the workshop. In fact, I believe being curious about how other writers play with language and connect ideas is paramount to becoming a better writer. So what are you waiting for? Let's get started already!
About Beth Cregan
After teaching for 25 years in both the private and public sector, I combined my passion for books, writing and storytelling to launch Write Away With Me. Now in its ninth year, W.A.W.M. offers a wide range of original and creative storytelling and writing workshops throughout Melbourne and regional Victoria. I present Professional Development Workshops for educators, run workshops for schools and organisations as well as running private classes. I believe we learn to write in the same way as we learn to speak, by being immersed in the process. In my programs, I share and teach the authentic craft of writing. Writing is and always has been, a powerful way to shape and share our experience of the world. In my classes, I want to create a sanctuary where writers can play and experiment with language and creative ideas. I want to provide a space for young creatives to find their voice and their tribe.
- Learn how to use readily available resources to inspire and generate creative ideas.
- Learn processes and formulas you can use to quickly plot and plan compelling narratives.
- Learn simple practices and hacks to harness your creative power every day.
- A chance to experiment with a range of genres: scripts, narratives, poetry, flash fiction and more.
- An opportunity to write and workshop ideas with like-minded peers.
- A copy of all the activities we use and a list of resources to support you on your writing journey.
- A notebook and writing materials
- A snack and drink bottle
Casual and comfy writing clothes
Recommended for Writers in Years 6 - 8. Check in with me if you're outside this age range and still keen to attend.
Activities are open-ended and easily cater for a range of writing skills. Enthusiasm curiosity and a sense of fun, however, are essential.
Write Away With Me is unable to give refunds for missed sessions. If for some reason, your child is unable to attend the planned session, please contact the office.
Parents enrolling their child in this program must agree to the following terms and conditions:
- In an emergency, if medical assistance is needed for my child, I give my permission for ‘Write Away With Me’ staff to take whatever steps are necessary.